Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ode To Padre

'Tis Father's Day here, and with that comes a "Happy Father's Day" to all the Dads of past, present and future.

And most especially to those that have been Father Figures in my life.

And that would obviously start with my Dad, "Duh".  He was there for my birth, when I swallowed and earring, and when I needed him to use a hack saw to get the ruler off my finger. 

He stuck by me through out embarrassment, injury and major bad decisions.  Like that one time....... Oh wait, he might not know about that time.  ;)  (that's me winking Dad)

And now that I have gifted him with Grandchildren, he is enjoying what is called "karma" and that other thing, the spoiling of offspring's offspring.

There is also my Father In Law, whom raised The Hubs and then graciously accepted his right of passage into Grand parenthood.  Thank You, to my Pops In Law, for maintaining a high standard of Grandparent Greatness, and for helping me maintain a sense of humor for when the going gets tough.

To my Maternal Grandfather, mainly for coming to my rescue that one time Alex busted his head open while I was making Dinner and had to be rushed to the ER for stitches.  He broke into my house, and turned off the stove before Dinner caught on fire, since I forgot to do that myself. 

And yes, sometimes a run on sentence is necessary to accurately depict the situation.

To my Paternal Grandfather, while I knew you for only a few short years.  Thank You, you were pretty cool from what I can remember. 

To all the Dads of my friends.  Well, you are owed a debt of gratitude for putting up with me.

And most importantly, The Hubs.  With you as my partner, we have created a family.  You have happily welcomed our children into the world (and excitedly dissected a placenta).  You have weathered the tough times.  And you have been by my side through thick and thin, and the slimy times where projectile vomit is involved.

A Happy Father's Day to all, and to all a Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment