Friday, September 5, 2014

That Chinese Tourist I Told You About.....

I have this knack...  I can be minding my own business, making waffles in a hotel lobby; and sure enough a confrontation strikes!  I get this from my Grandma.

It's like that one time, The Hubs and I were being nostalgic and hit up one of our favorite restaurants, back in my home town.....

There is no way I could have forecasted my encounter with an employee of the same corporation as my brother, in a WINE ISLE!  no less.........  It's like kismet!  This is where you visualize The Hubs shaking his head and wiping his brow as he reminisces the event........ 

This is also where I strike up a completely random conversation that involves my suggestion of good wine, and my brother......

And then I totally go home with a business card from this dude and a recommendation for my brother...

Because if I am awesome!............

So should be my siblings!

But that has nothing to do with my morning, on this fateful day.......

Instead, I am in Virginia, at our hotel.  And I am just doing my own thing, making waffles and hoping like heck my kids don't wreck the hotel lobby........

Out of nowhere, some lady asks me about the origin of American waffles......

Well.....  I have a funny story, and she has a very limited understanding of the English language.....

So, my funny story was lost.

My kids all sat in the lobby starring at me as if I totally lost my marbles.  And I stood there making hotel waffles and chatting up a complete stranger.

The woman I am conversing with, well, all she got out of the conversation is I know someone from Taiwan....

This is where I should shout out to that dude!  And his new wife!  And his future baby!

Hot Dang! 

You are having a baby!

Ok....

I am good now.

Long story short.  I made 4 waffles and a friend.  My kids and The Hubs all stood there starring at me as if I had lost my mind......

I think it is probably a good idea that I don't mention the Russian Family I befriended in the bathroom at the Smithsonian Museum of Air and Space..... 

That story requires space travel and possibly a tardis.....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment