Thursday, March 15, 2012

Furlough Days

The evil teachers conspired against me, and planned a furlough day to land on Grocery Day.

That means I have to go to the grocery store with all 4 children in tow.

I think I should retaliate by feeding the kids a breakfast of coke and candy bars, on Monday, when they return to school.  They can ping off the walls for 2 hours and then crash hard, just like it would be if they were done filming an episode of Birthdays Gone Wild.  And if all goes as it should, and nice healthy melt down, just before it is time to put them on the bus.  That way they can come home and fall into a comatose slumber from the hard day of partying like it was 1999.

What really gets me about grocery day, is that I have always taken my kids grocery shopping.  When Izzy and Alex were younger, they were amazingly behaved and not any kind of problem while at the store.  Now that they are older and have been missing out on all the grocery shopping goodness, they have turned into heathens and drive me batty.  And they share their opinion regarding everything that makes it into the cart, and of course everything that is left on the shelf that should have been put into the cart.

So, wish me luck.  It's grocery day here, which means someone is going to end up unhappy when they don't get the junk I NEVER buy yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment