Monday, September 17, 2012

And I Will Walk 500 Miles......

No I wouldn't......

But we conned my Mom into coming for a visit......

what have I done since she has arrived????????????

Well, I haven't done.....

my laundry...

the dishes...

the floors...

gotten up with my kids....

I DID smoke a brisket...... 

FYI.  My rub is as follows......

oregano
ground mustard
paprika
cayenne pepper
salt
cinnamon
cumin
garlic powder
black pepper

And then after smoking it for 3 hours with mesquite wood chips, I stuck it in the oven at 200 degrees and added dark brown mustard and worcestire sauce to the juices and let it marinate spa style for a few hours.

I think I am in love....

And then my Mom made us go to Ikea.

And now I have new dishes, and tea towels and cinnamon rolls and a shoe cabinet!!!!!!!

Then we absolutely had to got to Toys r us where my Mom let the kids go wild.

And while the shoes may now be put away, I have 1000 more legos to step on..............

She has a way of keeping me in line, and it is evil and genius.......

But dude, my Mom, she's not insane.  So that is good.

And even better, she backs me up just enough to totally confuse the kids.

I love my Mom....

No comments:

Post a Comment