Sunday, September 30, 2012

What Do You Mean It's Time To Update The Calendar?!?!?!?!

UGH!

I just updated it, five minutes ago.  How ON EARTH is September over?

But September was fun.  I don't want it to be O-V-E-R!!!

I got to have Dinner with my friend from The Detailed Decorator.

My Mom and Sister came to visit!

We threw a baby shower for my other Sister, who is very very very pregnant.  And probably the only giddy 8 month pregnant woman in the history of mankind, without the help of drugs........

I got to take a week off from laundry, and funny thing happened, ALL of my laundry was done anyways.  It's kind of like when I was a kid and I needed clean socks.  POOF!  There they were.

Along with a pepper grinder and rubber spatula.....

It was magical!

The Hubs and I went on a mini vacation to Savannah, where we drank like we were young and able to overcome hangovers.  We ate like we had 3 stomachs, and we walked like we were marathon mall walkers......

And we even attempted one of those "Call A Cab" Daquiris from Wet Willies that my friend had told me about. 

I apologize to you dear friend, we didn't have it in us to finish the drink.....

I had parent teacher conferences with the kids' teachers.....  So far so good.  Well, there was Moops.  Apparently he is focused and driven, and is on a mission to make straight 100s.......

He didn't get that from me.  So, that means I can blame The Hubs for that....  But, wait....  Ugh!  Darn you Hubs, darn you........

Bonus!

We went apple picking this weekend, where I encountered what I can only describe as a future Real Housewives Cast Member.....

She had her hair did, her make-up on, and blinged out.  And as she stepped onto the tractor trailer that hauls you up the mountain, I took note of the cream colored silk tunic and knee high patent leather stiletto boots she was wearing, AND her big blingy handbag.  Her entourage (hubby and sons) were all in jeans, t-shirts and sneakers.

I was in t-shirt, jeans and sneakers......  Le Sigh...

I didn't think much of her after that.  After all, I had apples to pick.  Granny Smith, Jona Gold, Stayman Wynsap, Empire, Rome Beauties.......

It wasn't until after I had already sent The Hubs and the boys back to the starting point that I saw her again.

This time though, she was sprinting through the rows of apples effortlessly.  Blingy bag on one arm and big ol' sack of apples on the other.

She paused for a moment, turned around and yelled at her entourage to keep up. 

Looking back at them, they were all sweaty and sluggish.  And they most definitely were not wanting to be there.

Looking back at her, she was darting from apple tree to apple tree stating very precisely her intentions for each apple.  She was like an apple expert in Prada....

From what I can decipher, dinner for them was a 5 course meal with an apple theme.

For us, it was chicken tacos and rice......

No comments:

Post a Comment