Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Holy Crap! It Snowed!

And I didn't realize it until we were loading up into the car to head to school.

A heads up would have been nice, but then again I probably would not have believed the weather man.  The last 3 times he predicted snow, we got nada.

He is good at predicting tornadoes though. 

 
 
The snow did explain why I was getting texts asking me if there was school this morning.  I just kind of wish we had known about the snow before the texts, or the texts mentioning snow.  One of the other would have been helpful.
 
 
We did have school though.  They only cancel school here if they suspect snow, not if we actually get some. 
 
Izzy had her band competition today as well, further up north, where there was more snow.  So, we were also googling that county school district to see if they were open.  For clarification, we got a dusting and further up north got a slightly heavier wetter dusting.
 
We then loaded up onto a lovely charter bus and made our way to the competition.  It wasn't too bad.  There were no fights, minimal drama, no one farted, vomited or passed out. 
 
My kid did great, but that is no surprise, she is pretty awesome like that.  I'd show you pictures and videos, but the Internet is not my friend tonight.  And now I'm tired.
 
Other stuff happened today as well, but I don't recall it right now.  It's like my brain shut down just enough to allow for mindless rambling and nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment