Sunday, April 17, 2011

Third Times A Charm?

Not this time!

So, Im determined to finish this long account of the Spring Break that wasn't.

Thursday started off fresh, showered and ready to go.  It was a unanomous decision that we would hit up South Carolina for vineyards, and enjoy a picnic lunch.  First stop is Aiken, South Carolina.  It is an artsy fartsy little place, lots of boutiques and cafes.  I had fun strolling the shops, looking for the winery that is supposed to be there.  No winery, so that was strike one for the day.  But their gallery was a great deal of fun and we did find a wig shop! 

I don't know about everyone else, but I had a blast in the wig shop!  Lots of empty heads all around, it was one of those true to life experiences where it is indeed true that 300 heads are not better than one.  Much like Congress!

 Isabel did not like it when I suggested she try on a wig, not even the neon blue one. 
 This is where Stepford Wives come when they have over dyed their hair and go bald......
I told Ike that the heads were watching him, he then informed me the heads were fake and ran off to find something to take apart.

Then it was time for a picnic......

 That would be my son doing what he does best, brooding.  He gets that strand of DNA from his Father.
 That would be Ike, ordering more food.  I think he wanted 3 more grapes.....
This is his opinion of my efforts......  DOH!


Here is Ike hugging a big old tree, until the ants on the tree started hugging back....

Here is where my Aunt was attempting to get my kids to smile, and where Alex informed her that he doesn't smile unless he is happy.  And he isn't happy right now.......  That too would be a genetic trait he inherited from his other parent....

From here, we attempted to seek out more vineyards.  I think it is safe to assume that vineyards are not exactly successful in South Carolina. The last 2 vineyards we went to tour were shut down as well.  One going for the bargain basement price of $2.4 Mil and the other has yet to be determined.....

We decided not to try our luck, especially after almost driving into the Savannah River Site, where they do things with plutonium and such.  Im radio active enough as it is.......

With that, I bid a temporary adieu.  Until I have enough energy to attempt this again, I am signing off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment