Thursday, October 13, 2011

Im Proud Of My Kids

And I know I do not say it enough. 

I'm proud of the fact that even though they push my buttons, those are the only buttons they push.  I haven't had to explain to any firemen, why they needed to rescue us from a perfectly functioning elevator yet.  I haven't had to pay an online purchase not made by me yet.  And I haven't had to pay for any new landscaping for our neighbors.  So, I consider myself lucky.  VERY lucky.

And then there are moments like this afternoon, where Moops was reading to me.  And I immediately realized I could no longer lie to him about things I didn't want to explain, because now the kid is literate.  And unfortunately, he is really good at reading too.  Ugh.  The fact that he can read ingredients on packaging is going to make my life very very difficult, since Captain Crunch does not contain High Fructose Corn Syrup.  So, I can't use that excuse anymore when it comes to telling him no.  In all honesty, I just think it smells bad.  That is why I don't buy it.  The same for canned soup.  Yeah, I'm weird, I know.....

And then there is Alex.  He is a cool dude, and he is weird too.  He is the clone of Alex P. Keaton, and he doesn't even know of the show, and the character is fictitious.  Yet, here I am with Alex P. Keaton as my son.  I should do a side by side comparison of their pictures.  It would be freaky.

Alex has encountered some bullies at school.  And instead of getting all upset about it, he is very pragmatic and well 'inconvenienced" by them.  Yes, he used the word "inconvenienced".  He also used the word "irregular" when describing their sense of humor.  He is 10, if you are wondering. 

We discussed it yesterday, and it was agreed that I would call the principal and let him know what is going on.  The only glitch was, Alex did not want to be pulled out of any of his "academic periods", he would prefer that he see the principal during his specials hour.  I kid you not.  I swear, I can't make this up.  If it were me, I would have been praying to be pulled out of Math. 

So, I called and spoke with the principal, and then informed him that Alex didn't want to be pulled out of class, until specials.  I'm thinking the principal assumed that it was my preference.

That is until he met Alex.......

Now, please note.  I'm a third person narrative in this situation.  But I am also the Mother Ship for Alex......  So, I can be sure I'm pretty accurate in my interpretation.

The Principal, in good Stepford Fashion, waited until specials to speak with Alex.  And from what Alex has shared, they had a relatively intellectual conversation going.  In fact, Alex was basically capable of extracting the Principal's entire life story from him, and shared it with me.  And they went way back with Alex's history, all the way to when we lived in Podunk.  Which so happens to be where the principal is from.....  And I'm sure, as they had this conversation Alex sat with his legs crossed, and had this whit about him that only Alex P. (or U in his case) can pull off. 

Meanwhile, back in the Valley.  There is Izzy.

Poor Izzy.  There is a boy in Alex's JiuJitsu class that is crushing on her pretty hard.  I'm talking serious first love crush here.

And well, we carpool. 

And he was trying soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard to get her to crush on him too. 

And she was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not biting.  Thank Goodness.

At one point, he said "I think you are flirting with me".......

And she replied with "no, Im just talking, I don't flirt".....

WHEW!  times 50!

And then there is Ike.  And today, he had a meltdown over the fact that I did not pick the grocery cart he wanted me to pick at Target. 

For an HOUR.  He fussed.  And we were only at target for like 15 minutes....... 

Poor kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment