Friday, October 7, 2011

Things I Appreciate......

1.  Alex wearing his JiuJitsu clothes to school.  Sure, he may look like he wore his pajamas to school.  But from my perspective he not only assisted in keeping my mountain of laundry from peaking at an elevation higher than Everest.  He also boasts the desire of efficiency, thus saving time for us both.  There are some other members of this household that could learn a lesson in laundry frugality from him....

2.  Conversations with my Grandmother.  I have learned a lot from my Grandmother, and she has often been a voice of reason, when I lost all of mine.  She can carry a great conversation, on anything.  We can talk about kids with "AC/DC".  She tells me what her kids did when they were young, and makes me feel better about the childhood I put my parents through.  And she listens to my rants, then swears that laundry will get better when all of my kids actually move out of the house permanently.

3.  When Moops rewards me with 5 kisses on my elbow, when I do something that pleases him.  Why my elbow?  I think that has to do with how tall he is in relation to me.  Heck, I like that my kids still like me sometimes, even more so when its not brought on by bribery on my part....

4. I appreciate the fact that I am still bigger and stronger than all of my children.  I have met some of the kids' friends, and it is a sobering realization when you are greeted by a 6ft tall 9 year old.  And a bit more startling when you meet her 4 foot 11 inch Mother.....

5.  I appreciate The Hubs, because he has learned to live with me and still swears he loves me.  Even when I don't fold and put away his clean laundry...

6.  I appreciate that housework is patient, and will still be there for me when I finally do get around to it.

7.  I appreciate my Smartphone, even when it makes stupid mistakes with its' autocorrect feature.

8.  Baby Pictures, they're great for sedating a heated moment between Mother and Child.....

9.  I like that photoshop exists and you can make your house cleaner than it really is!

10. I appreciate the vastly diminishing opportunities in which I am able to out wit my kids.  It's the occasional reminder that I do indeed still have a few functioning brain cells left, and that not all is lost quite yet!

Happy Frieday!

No comments:

Post a Comment