Saturday, September 3, 2011

Date Night!

I like short jaunts across the beack to a fully loaded cabana complete with a sexy mostly naked cabana boy and drinks with little umbrellas in them........

I dont like heels.  And fyi, it hurts less to walk barefoot on southern heated concrete, than it does heels.......

I also like nights out with the hubs, and no kids.  Nights that start off ridiculously early, and do not necessarily include getting lost in a deparment store where I can not afford to shop.  Although, I wont refuse it, if necessary.  The stroll through Armani and the $600 camisole encounter, though, I can totally live without. 

I was wearing my most expensive top, topping out at $70 and on sale at 60% off.........

But it was a fun night, which started at 4:30 and we were home by 9:30.  We tackled 3 bars and a high end restaurant.  All before most yuppies make it out of the house.  We also beat out most of the geriatric crowd as well.

And we like it that way! 

Oh and double score, we were able to secure Bass Ale Pint Glass for The Hubs' enjoyment.

On the menu:
Delmonico Steaks, at a whopping 22 oz each.  The hubs inhaled his, and looked for more cow.  I polished off maybe 6 oz of mine. 
Lobster Macaroni and Cheese.  Which was just bleeping awesome
Some sort of fancy oranic green bean, which was also bleeping awesome.

And because we were sentimental.  A Dark Chocolate Tort, Strawberries and Feta macerated in balsamic vinaigarette, and Champagne.

It was AWESOME!

The kids?  Well, they had pizza.  It was probably delivered by a guy who scores $2 in tips, if he is lucky.  And now they are all tucked into bed.  We paid our waitress, at dinner, a $35 tip......  She totally earned it.

And in about 2 minutes, Im going to join my sister/babysitter on the couch and enjoy a big bowl of cookie dough ice cream.........

No comments:

Post a Comment